Custom message for lost and disabled Chromebooks via the dashboard is available, Fiber coming to four big cities soon and some fun app makers recently acquired by Google has great implications. Mixing up the format a little this week, Fred leads the gang in sharing some ideas for habits to break for the New Year. These include some great tips and tricks to make your workflow more productive.
- Segment 1: What’s New with Google
- Fiber confirmed (SW)
Hard Habit to Break
What things do you see teachers doing out of habit that waste time or energy that they should try to stop doing in 2015?
- *If you are using Chrome, stop going to Google to search, just type it in the omnibox
- * Stop having your kids or yourself sit still for a whole class period. Install the Move It extension.
- Stop typing “www” - each time a kitten dies
- Upload documents to Drive and not directly to Sites
- Stop using shared with me or Incoming in Drive - and stop sharing individual files
- Add Drive to your search engines in Chrome and start your search there*
- Organize your email: tabs, filters
- Clean up that Inbox, there is no honor in 28,762 messages in your inbox
- Typing in an a URL? Stop checking the suggestions and then clicking on where you are going. Type the whole thing and hit Enter.
- Learn to use CTRL-F or Command-F or CTRL- T or CTRL - C/V CTRL-?
- Don’t close that Chromebook! (Fred says this is great)