Kim and Seani are back and join Fred, Juan and Chris this week for a bumper edition of Google goodness. News about Google Classroom, Inbox, Google Drive for iOS and YouTube Music. Learn some great tips for managing your toolbar icons, some awesome Chrome apps like Draftback, SimpleExtManager, and of course some great ideas for teaching Search skills using Google Apps in the Classroom.
- Segment 1: What’s New with Google
- - Full grade exporting
- - Sorting by first and last name for students
- - Comment control over the stream
- - Mark assignments as done
- - Create classes using existing Google Groups
- Segment 2: Tips and Tricks.
- Show icons, not words in your bookmarks toolbar (my teachers loved this tip last week!...KZ)
- For the URL, you must include the http:// or you'll get an error. Just apply this to the bookmarks you'd like in a separate tab.
- Segment 3: Chrome and Android:
- Segment 4: Classroom Applications:
- Draftback is a Chrome extension that lets you play back any Google Doc’s revision history (for docs you can edit). (JDL)
Google One Today - Great jumping off point for helping students find a cause to support or discussing how to start a non-profit